Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I Love You Momma....

The four most beautiful words in the world..... and HE said them to ME!

This morning Hudson was up in our bed as he has had a real problem lately with waking up in the middle of the night wanting to get in bed with mommy and daddy. Well, he was snuggling up to me, as he often does, and it was just about time for me to get up for the day after hitting my snooze button countless times. (I have a hard time getting out of bed most mornings because I am a night owl!) Out of nowhere and much to my surprise
, these precious four words came out of his mouth. "I love you momma."

I just about lost it!
Lying there with my little boy, his arms squeezed around my neck and his soft little cheeks pressed again mine, I couldn't believe he had finally said the four little words I have been waiting for him to say for what seems like ages. In my mind it was as clear as day, even now as I telling this story for at least the third time today I have no doubt in my mind that he did say it....it might not have been the clearest phrase ever....in fact, in all "true" actuality he could have really said "I'm hungry momma." OR "blah, blah, blah momma.", but in my mind, today was the day my little boy finally returned those loving sentiments that I had been longing to hear.

It's quite likely that he won't say it again for 3 months, maybe even 6, but you know what, it doesn't really make a difference to me in the least because I will be just as excited the next time that he says it...whether it's sooner or later.

No comments: