Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Fabulous Day With My Valentine

We had a great Valentine's Day and spent the entire afternoon and evening alone as a couple for the first time in a LONG time. We definitely needed a little time to ourselves and it was nice not "having" to do anything or be anywhere for any specific reason. Marcia (Nana) had agreed to watch Hudson for the day and for him to spend the night as well, so we dropped him off around noon so that we could run around a bit before having dinner and going to a movie. We basically just went shopping all afternoon.....we first hit up Northpark and got our movie tickets for that evening, had lunch at Corner Bakery and then did some shopping. We bought some ADORABLE clothes for Hudson at Janie and Jack, I finally bought my Le Creuset Cherry Red tea kettle to start my Le Creuset collection, we found some new flatware to replace our daily stuff and we went to DSW and David got a new pair of tennis shoes while I scored TWO new pairs of knee boots, woohoo!

After shopping for the majority of the afternoon we decided to go have dinner at Howard Wang's....which was SO yummy and we barely beat the Valentine's rush! We had intended to go to Luna de Noche in Victory Park, but decided at the last minute to go somewhere closer to Northpark so that the drive would be shorter to make sure that we weren't late to the movie. We go to Howard Wang's every couple / few months or so and they have seriously the yummiest Chinese food....truly, they rival PF Changs in both of our opinions! I had a lovely Pina Colada along with my dinner because I figure I better take advantage of having a drink here or there before I get pregnant again. (hopefully soon!) After our yummy dinner we went back to Northpark for popcorn and a movie! We saw "He's Just Not That Into You" and it was SOOOO good! I really liked the movie even though there were parts I could have done without and there was one main storyline of the movie that I hated, but eh', I had already known that before I saw it so I wasn't too disappointed or surprised. David liked it a lot as well, but not as much as I did. He keeps saying that he loved the end, ha! Sounds like he didn't like it too much, but really he did he just thought it was kind of slow and he truly liked the end of the movie and how things turned out for most of the cast. In any case, it was a fun and low-key kind of Valentine's day, but it was absolutely perfect for us and definitely was a nice little break for us as well. Here are a couple of pics from dinner....yes, we know we are nerds, ha!







2 comments:

Misty said...

An entire day/night to yourselves? I'm sure that was heaven! It can't get much better than shopping, lunch, dinner, AND a movie!

Casey and Andy said...

I LOVE low key valentines!!!