Sunday, October 18, 2009

Getting Emotional....


Another week gone by and another week closer to meeting our baby boy. Oh, how I cannot wait to meet our darling new son and to experience becoming a mother of another incredible little boy that will most definitely overfill my heart with love and joy!!! I almost lose my breath and think that it's just not possible when I think about how blessed we truly are and how I cannot wait to not only give Hudson the gift of a brother to love, but I can only hope that he and his brother create a lifelong bond and are not only instant play mates of sorts, but also become the best of friends throughout their childhood and adult years. This is something that I long to see happen and can envision in my mind, but can only hope and pray that they are lucky enough to experience. I know Hudson already loves his little brother now, but I also know that the reality of it all won't quite sink in and make an absolute and definite impression on him until his brother is born and I am trying to prepare him as much as possible so that the transition is easier on him. Our time together as just the two of us is growing short and I am doing everything I can to spend as much time with him and pay extra special attention to him while he is still my *only* little baby boy before it is no longer just him and things are forever changed. I know it will be the most amazing and rewarding experience ever and that after an adjustment period, Hudson will thrive and will lose any fear or resentment that he might have in the beginning to "sharing" his mommy and daddy. It's a totally normally dynamic that occurs when a new sibling is born into a family and something that I know we will make it through and will become stronger as a family in the end. Only 7 more weeks and it will all become a reality,our family of three will become a family of four and I can NOT wait! :)

2 comments:

Misty said...

I remember that feeling of overwhelming joy that adding to the family brings. Those feelings seem so fresh in my mind, yet so far away! I was so worried about how Tucker would react to having a sibling, and I couldn't imagine sharing my energy and love between two babies. Everything will work out wonderfully and you will soon have TWO little boys to steal your heart!

Shanny said...

I like your positive attitude, cause you are right: you will make it through and your family is going to be strong and beautiful =)