Saturday, November 29, 2008

Marriage Survey

How long have you been married?
4 years, 5 weeks and 1 day

Is this your first marriage?
Yes.

Is it how you imagined it would be?
Yes, for the most part.

What would you change?
I wished that we had more family time and that we could both work a little less among other things, but nothing too major.

Are you married to your soulmate?
I am not too sure that I believe in soulmates, but I certainly couldn't imagine not being married to David.

What do you argue about the most?
I'm not sure...we don't argue a lot.

What do you see eye to eye on the most?
Probably we see eye to eye the most on our family values and what we would like our future to look like.

Where did you meet your spouse?
We met in high school....the first time I officially met David was at the State Fair, lol!

Where was your first date?
We went to a party together on our first date.....it was great because we had already known each other for SO long and had a lot of the same friends so it was the perfect kind of *first date* for us.

Where were you when you became engaged?
We were at our apartment and it was on Christmas Eve.

Did you live together before marriage?
Yes, we had been living together for 5 years when we got engaged.

What was your wedding song?
Our first dance was "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel. It was supposed to be either By My Side by Sade or All I Want is You by U2, but our D.J. had technical difficulties, lol!

Who was in your wedding party?
We had a tiny wedding party.....one of my close friends, Crystal, was my maid of honor and David's brother, Marc, was his best man. My nephew, Nicholas, was the ring bearer and my nieces, Shelby and Cassidy, were the flower girls.

Do you get along with the in-laws?
Yes, for the most part....although there are some relationships that could be much better.

Whats your view on children?
Well, we both always knew we wanted children, but have never exactly agreed on how many! ;) I've always wanted 3 or 4 and David is fairly set on just having 2. We have one son, Hudson, and I am currently expecting so I guess we will see how things go after the new little one is here!

Does your spouse feel the same way?
See above.

Are you a 2 peas in a pod or opposites attract couple?
I think we are a little of both....opposites in the fact that I like to go out and am very sociable, while he is very quiet and refrained in many of his manners. He loves to be lazy and sleep, while I am always on the go.

Do you go out without your spouse?
Yes, but not as often now that we are parents. I usually don't have much time to *go out* per se.

How long are you away from your spouse before you start to miss him/her?
We've never been apart for too long, but there are days I miss him when we've only been apart a few hours. Especially if I have had a really trying day for some reason.

Have you ever compared your spouse to someone you have dated in the past?
I'm sure I have, but we've been together so long it would have had to been a VERY long time ago.

Do you trust your Spouse?
Completely and totally. Trust is vital in any healthy relationship.

Does your Spouse trust you?
Yes.

How well does your spouse know your favorites?
He actually knows me very well.

Do you get along with your spouses friends?
Yes.

Does your spouse get along with your friends?
Yes.

Did you go on a honeymoon?
Yes, we went to Maui and want to go back SO bad!

Do you watch the same TV shows?
For the most part, yes. We have very similar taste in most tv shows, movies, music, stuff like that.

Can you agree on Pizza toppings?
Yes, but we usually always get two different kinds because that's how we roll. ;)

Who takes out the trash?
Definitely him! I don't think that I have EVER taken the trash out.

Who does laundry??
We do our own laundry and then we both do Hudson's and share in laundry such as sheets and towels.

Who cooks dinner?
David - 99.9% of the time

Do you have any traditions?
We do have some holiday traditions and hope to start more over the years that we can pass down to our children.

Do you know your spouses passwords/pins?
Some of them, but he doesn't really have too many.

Does your spouse know your social security number?
No, he usually asks me for it if he needs it.

Do you ever nag your spouse?
I try not to, but of course, I definitely have my moments.

Do you admit wrong doing?
Yes, if I'm in the wrong. We are both fairly good about admitting if we are wrong.

Does your spouse?
Yes, if he's in the wrong.

No comments: