Saturday, February 20, 2010

Coming Soon - Menu Plan Monday.


One of my short-term goals is to get this blog back up to date and to keep it current moving forward and that includes a handful of virtually completed posts that I am behind on from the past few weeks that just need to be completed. I will, I will, I will have these posts from the entire first half of February completed within the next week or at least that is the definite plan!

But now for the good stuff! That's what you want to know about, right? I have decided to spend some time on this blog sharing some things that I have come to love and to be quite passionate about as of recent and will be covering a couple of different regular topic segments with my readers on a weekly basis. One of these fabulous weekly segments will be menu planning since I have recently taken up doing a lot more of the cooking in our home and amazingly enough, I LOVE it! I don't love it everyday and certainly get weary of cooking a meal at times, but not usually because of the actual process, but rather because I often have very little left of me to give by the end of the day, so I am trying to take that in account and plan my meal plans accordingly. In other words, plan meals that will be enjoyable, achievable and non-complicated or overly-time consuming especially on those days that I am home alone all day with the boys. 

This is where Menu Planning Monday comes in and besides my menu plan for the week, I will be sharing recipes for many of the meals as well.  I know I always enjoy reading about what others are cooking and eating and even better when they share a recipe, right?? I mean, I don't know about you, but I love it when I cook a meal, like it so much that I feel compelled to share the recipe with family and friends and then they also love it too! I feel a sense of accomplishment just by the simple fact that I shared something that I loved and truly enjoyed with another individual and when it brings some type of joy or satisfaction to their life, isn't that the ultimate compliment and make you just feel all giddy inside? I would also love to hear about what you are cooking and how you do your menu planning for the week or maybe you plan two weeks at a time, whatever works best for your family is key, but I'd love to hear your thoughts and tried and true methods as well not only since I am fairly new to this, but because I just love to know what works and doesn't work for others and why or why not certain things work for them when it comes to menu planning, cooking, shopping, etc. It's something that I think I can still improve on greatly and learning from others experience and ideas will definitely play a key role in developing the best plan for your own family as well. 

So, my first Menu Plan Monday will be this upcoming Monday, but for now i would love to know what do you do in regards to menu planning? Do you plan on a weekly basis? Biweekly? Monthly? How do you prepare yourself for your shopping trips and what does that consist of? I cannot wait to hear all of your great ideas and methods and of course, to share all of mine with all of you as well!

No comments: