Sunday, February 28, 2010

Toddler Talk


Otherwise lovingly referred to as Hudsonisms in our home.....

Um yeah, so earlier this afternoon, I'm in my bathroom putting my makeup on while Hudson was in the bath right behind me. My mother in law was going to be coming over to visit and have dinner and we had been having a lazy morning and had just gotten around to getting ready for company. Like I often do, I decided to put Hudson in the bath to play while I quickly threw on some makeup before giving him a bath and then waking up Landon from his nap to give him his bath as well. All was normal as Hudson played and splashed in the tub. He insists on having tons of toys and I always *try* to be the nice mom and play along allowing him some fun time in the tub before it's down to the business of getting clean! Well, let's just say that after a few minutes the dialogue I begin to hear coming from the bathtub nearly causes me too pee myself (good thing I was in the bathroom I guess!) because it was truly downright comical! I didn't know what to expect or what in the world Hudson could have been talking about when I heard it, but once I realized the story behind his words it was just too stinkin' cute not to share! 

So, he's just started this thing where he talks to himself or rather to his toys and cars and plays out little imaginary conversations with them and this was just one of a few this week that made me downright giddy and just smile thinking of how much fun he was having just be creative and playing on his own. Little did I know how "creative" he could be.....

First I hear this....

Hudson in a high pitched voice -- "Don't eat me! Don't eat me!"

Then I hear this.....

Hudson is a raspy, growly voice --- "Rrrr, rrrr, I'm gonna eat you!"

Then this....

Hudson in a high pitched voice --- "Oh no, oh no! Please don't eat me! Please don't eat me!"

Finally, I decide to turn around and find out what the heck the kid is talking about because I'm pretty confused at this point and low and behold, I see him in the tub, Lightning McQueen in one hand and in the other, a big-arse shark toy to which he proceeded to imitate eating his hero, Lightning McQueen, lol!!! I immediately caught on to his hilarious imaginary scene and asked him what was going on even though I knew and he said, the shark is trying to eat Lightning and then just giggled. Ha!

Seriously, kids have the craziest imaginations, don't they? But then again, that's another amazing and totally fun thing about being a parent! I am constantly amazed at everything my child says and does and whether it's silly that makes me laugh or innocent and heartfelt that makes me my heart swell or something new and amazing that makes me proud, I just can't get over how terrific he really is and how much my love for him grows more and more every.single.day. Becoming a mom = priceless, best.blessing.ever

So....now I want to know, what's the silliest or most random thing your kiddo has said or done this week?

No comments: