Tuesday, October 21, 2008

An Early Anniversary Gift for Me!

Well, our fourth wedding anniversary (I know, time goes by way TOO fast!) isn't until this upcoming Friday, but David decided last Thursday night to ask me if I wanted to go ahead and get my gift then because he was so anxious to give it to me. I told him that it didn't matter to me and I would be completely fine with waiting until our anniversary, but he said that I would definitely want it then and insisted on giving me my gift that night. He had pretty much made me promise not to get him anything since he felt that I went overboard on his birthday gift, but I still figured that I would get him a little something for our special day just because. In any case, I truly didn't have a clue about what he possibly could have gotten me because we hadn't really discussed gift ideas and usually I either figure out what I am getting or at least have some idea of what it is, but not this time and boy was I pleasantly surprised! David went all out and surprised me with a new Nikon D60!!! He planned ahead and had been eyeing a couple of different models online for quite some time knowing that I have been wanting a new digital SLR ever since Hudson was born, but just couldn't decide on a model and haven't previously wanted to commit to the investment of a digital SLR. I was totally surprised and am SO excited to have a really nice camera to be able to take pictures of Hudson and anything else that I fancy! I love to take pics in general and my old camera doesn't take the best pictures, but beyond that the monitor on it went kapoot a few months back, so we really needed to upgrade anyways. I am just so impressed that David pulled off such a big surprise and I just LOVE the way my new camera works. Now I'll have no excuse for not taking and posting more pictures more often! I'll just need to learn how to use it properly in order to get the best results.



No comments: