Thursday, May 21, 2009

First Gift for Baby (& big brother!)


After having a trying morning yesterday, sitting in traffic for close to an hour on one highway and subsequently, having the worst panic attack ever, I arrived at my office and felt so bad that I had let all of these things get the best of me.  I was already in tears once I walked into my office and sat at my desk, and sadly, it was probably the 3rd or 4th time I had broken down that morning. I thought I would just shut my door, sit at my desk, cry it out for a minute and then get to work. Well, little did I know that when I got to my desk I would find none other than a lovely little gift topped with a tiny little card and wrapped with a pretty yellow satin ribbon. I was in shock and of course, it made me cry even more, lol! I took a few deep breaths and tried to gain some composure before opening the card. It was the cutest little soft book with an adorable monkey face on it along with a small hardcover book as well. One of my co-workers had actually bought it and she said that the soft cover book was for the baby and that the hard cover book was for Hudson. It was totally unexpected, yet greatly appreciated and very special to me now, as it actually was the first gift we've received for the baby. Also, I hadn't really discussed my pregnancy with her and nor does she know of our recent loss since she was hired shortly thereafter, so I thought it was even more thoughtful that she had gone and bought something so sweet for our son and for our expected little one. Now I have the shopping itch though and getting that first gift makes me want to start buying all kinds of cute things for the baby, although, I am going to try very hard to fight off the shopping urges at least for a while. Here are the two cute little books she got for our precious kiddos. Thank you again, Morgan, we love them!



Little Monkey by Kimberly Ainsworth


 

Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney 

1 comment:

Jessica Davis said...

Joe LOVES this book... :)