Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Week 27 Fun Mama-To-Be Facts


How far along?
27 weeks, 4 days

Total weight gain/loss:
I haven't weighed myself at home lately, but as of my last dr's appt. it was 16 lbs. and that was at 24 wks 3 days. I have another appt. next Tuesday, so we shall see how much the scale has climbed in the past four weeks! I'm a bit scared since I know baby boy has gotten a lot bigger, I can feel it, but hopefully it's not more than a few pounds.

Maternity clothes? Yes, no change here for the most part.

Stretch marks? Nothing new that I am aware of....

Sleep: Still varies by night, but I am most definitely having more nights filled with tossing and turning or just general pregnancy insomnia where I just can't sleep. It's not horrible by any means though, I mean, things could be worse, right?!?!? It just gets really frustrating some days when I feel like I haven't slept a blink and I have a long day ahead of me. Last night was a holy-terror and I probably only really got about 4 hours or so. ON THE COUCH of all places!

Best moment this week: Talking to baby boy and telling him how much we cannot wait to meet him and how much he is loved already. Singing to baby boy and getting little kicks in return! I think he really loves it when I talk and sing to him.

Movement: All the time now....or at least most days he stays pretty active at different intervals during the day. There definitely seems to be *some* routine to it as well.

Food cravings: Just hungry and thirsty in general.....no new or specific cravings right now.

Gender: Still a boy we presume....

Labor Signs: Nope, still continuing to get Braxton Hicks contractions when I am too active or bend over a lot (picking up toys and stuff), so I've been told to try to limit things that cause them as much as possible.

Belly Button in or out? Still hanging "in" for dear life, but definitely showing obvious flattening now.

What I miss: Being able to walk for any given distance without starting to lose my breath because everything inside of me is squishing my poor lungs!

What I am looking forward to: Baby related - My appt. next week and maternity photos next month / Non-baby related - family photos next month

Weekly Wisdom: Sleep is over-rated???? Who am I kidding here, I am fresh out of wisdom for this week, I'm so tired I can barely think straight.

Milestone: About to finish my second trimester and head on into the third and final hoorah before baby boys arrives!


No comments: