Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Week 29 Fun Mama-to-Be Facts


How far along?
29 weeks, 4 days

Total weight gain/loss:
Bleh....22 lbs. Although, it does fluctuate up and down a few pounds anytime I weigh myself, so I try to tell myself it's lower since it does show up lower part of the time, ha! Hoping that I don't continue to gain like I did the past 6 weeks or so or otherwise I will FAR exceed the 30 pound goal I had my eyes set on. Baby boy is healthy and growing though, so that's what is most important to me!

Maternity clothes? Yes, no change here for the most part.

Stretch marks? Still nothing new or not that I can see anyways.....

Sleep: Not great, but could be worse. We have been diligently putting Hudson to bed in his own room every night lately, but he continues to make his way down to our bed every night as well. Usually he has only been lasting in his room for a few hours before he sneaks into our bed, so we have some work to do there. When he isn't in our bed, I actually sleep much, much better, but when he is there, he insists on sleeping by mama and wants to share my pillow and snuggle up against me as close as possible. I love snuggling with my little boy, but it's not so comfortable when you are 7 1/2 months pregnant and have a toddler digging into your back. :(

Best moment this week: Finally ordering his bedding that actually should be delivered today! Dreaming about baby boy and what he might look like....I've not only had dreams about him lately, but also been just thinking a lot in general about how he might look, how big or small he'll big, etc., etc.

Movement: Oh yeah, he's a mover and a shaker and apparently has decided to stretch his movements further as of recent. He's gone from all the way up in my ribs to way down low in my nether-regions, ha! I keep feeling like he is kicking my hoo-ha lately, lol!!! Maybe he knows that's the way out or at least it normally is! Unless he makes an early appearance, he'll be taken via c-section about 5 days or so before my due date.

Food cravings: Still craving chocolate and sweets and have been craving chips and salsa like crazy!

Gender: Still a boy we presume....

Labor Signs: Nope, but the Braxton Hicks contractions seem to be here to stay. They were so bad last Saturday night when we were at a friend's wedding that I was afraid I would have to ask David to take me to the emergency room just to make sure everything was okay and I wasn't about to go into premature labor. LOTS of them and very strong, almost painful, which BH are NOT supposed to be painful at all.

Belly Button in or out? Still officially an innie, but the top portion seems to be trying to poke or fold over some, lol!

What I miss: Being able to bend over and pick up anything without bringing on some Braxton Hicks contractions or having pains and aches attack me as a result. My skinny feet and ankles....they have disappeared this week and even flip-flops / sandals end up becoming too snug on my feet before the day is even half-way over. :(

What I am looking forward to: Baby related - starting to work on the nursery really soon! Non-baby related - wedding and Harper's dedication this weekend. We have a busy weekend ahead of us!

Weekly Wisdom: When everyone is telling you to slow down and take it easy, try to at least abide by that if even for one day or evening. I am bad about going, going, going and taking on far too much, but have been trying to take it down a notch when I can. First step will be finding a way to get to sleep sooner at least a few nights a week....lack of sleep is definitely something that doesn't normally phase me terribly bad, but now at this point in my pregnancy, it is definitely problematic.

Milestone: Finally entering the third trimester and about to be within single digit weeks left before we will meet our baby boy! Almost to the 9 week mark!

No comments: