Monday, August 31, 2009

Week 25 Fun Mama-To-Be Facts


How far along? 25 weeks, 2 days

Total weight gain/loss:
16 pounds, I am pleased with this for now as long as I stay within the normal weight gain for the remainder of the pregnancy. With the likelihood being that I will be having baby boy in 14 weeks (probably at 39 wks 2 days) even if I gained 1 lb a week for the next 14 weeks I would be right at 30 lbs which is what I wanted to stay around, so even still I wouldn't be disappointed. If I can stay under that gaining the 1/2 - 1 lb per week between now and then even better! :)

Maternity clothes? Yes, but still able to wear a handful of non-maternity items still.

Stretch marks? Still holding my breath that I don't get any (or at least not many) more....I think they will show their ugly face after the baby is born.

Sleep: Overall - not too bad. I'm going to say that it just depends on the night and leave it at that. ;)

Best moment this week: Getting to hear his sweet little heartbeat at my appointment last week.Also, discussing baby names this week with David....I think we *might* have a decision made soon.

Movement: Movin' and groovin' for sure! He's even doing some weird twists and rolls in there and yes, I can definitely see some strong movement now too!

Food cravings: No new ones....although, I find that I must have some type of daily dose of chocolate whether it be a candy bar or some vanilla bean ice cream with either chocolate syrup or hot fudge! I am eating small portions though, not going on a free-for-all so hopefully this is okay. :I

Gender: Hopefully still a boy, otherwise we will have some things to return! I haven't bought too much yet though.

Labor Signs: Nope, but I have been having something that I *think* might be early Braxton Hicks contractions, but I discussed it with my OB last week and know to contact her if it happens more than 5 times within an hour, which I have not even come close to experiencing so hopefully, this will not be an issue.

Belly Button in or out? Still hanging "in" there!

What I miss: Being able to walk without feeling like I have a waddle in my step, ha!

What I am looking forward to: Baby related ---- my next sonogram, but not sure when I will even have another. My monthly OB appt. is 3 weeks away and I get to do the lovely 1 hour glucose test at that one which will be so fun! (insert sarcastic tone here)

Weekly Wisdom: ALWAYS take naps if you can and NEVER pass up a restroom break while out shopping. I thought I might pee myself yesterday because I never want to use the bathroom at Snuffer's and waited until our next stop which was only minutes away (thank goodness!), but my bladder was not happy!

Milestone: Probably just us narrowing down names for our little boy to where I think we may have made a decision. That was a big thing and took a lot of time and thought.

No comments: