Thursday, December 3, 2009

Holy Indigestion!

Yep, it's striking yet again....that horrible, unGodly bout of indigestion that is not only keeping me from my precious sleep, it's also very painful and persistent to the point of being a complete and total annoyance. Most of you are probably thinking that as a woman who is nearly full-term in what is not her first pregnancy that I should be very familiar and used to this common pregnancy symptom, but no, not so much for me. I'm known to have an iron stomach and am one to eat jalapeños like candy, so although I have previously had the occassional bout with heartburn / indigestion, it's certainly not something that I've had to deal with very often or on such an acute level. I mean, this pain is unreal and feels like my entire chest, throat and esophogus is burning...it really hurts and has the tendency to pop up in the most inopportune if times, like when I am trying to go to sleep. Ugh.....I guess the bright side is that is should be gone after I have the baby so hopefully I will be forever rid of it very soon! If it doesn't go away then I have to admit that we are going to have a real problem on our hands since I am anti-bland food and very much like to "spice it up" when it comes to what I eat. I've already had to become much more docile in my eating habits lately already because of these recent cases and would hate to even think that they might not go away...for my sake, let's hope that they are indeed pregnancy related and vanish from my system (and my memories) very, very soon!

No comments: