Saturday, May 3, 2008

Reign Over Me

So, I finally got to watch "Reign Over Me" tonight and I absolutely loved this movie. It was one of those movies that sucks you in and you have no hope in resisting it's power. I have been wanting to see it ever since it came out in the theaters last year, but since David and I rarely go to the movies and now with an active toddler it will likely remain the same, I had to wait it out until it just came out on DirecTV last week and we Tivo'd it. I won't lie, it is a very, very sad movie, but it is also a very inspiring and surprisingly funny movie too. I think that it was just the perfect mix of emotions and was definitely worth the wait. If you aren't familiar with the precept of the movie, it is basically about a man, Charlie Fineman (played by Adam Sandler) who lost his wife and three daughters in the 9/11 attacks. He suffers from severe post-traumatic stress and has lost himself, that is until he reconnects with his old college roommate Alan Johnson (played by Don Cheadle). Alan and Charlie rekindle their friendship and Alan decides that he needs to try to help Charlie find his way back to reality and to help him get his life back. I won't go much further into detail than that, but it is definitely a tearjerker, pulls your heartstrings and hits a chord with every emotion. Here is one of the original movie trailers from when the movie was released last year. I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it yet.

No comments: