Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Happy 17th Birthday Lindsay!

My niece, Lindsay, turned 17 last week and we had a family birthday party this past Sunday to celebrate. Yes....I have a niece that is 17...I know, I know I totally am too young for that, right?!?! Ha! Not in my family...we have somewhat of a "blended" family of sorts as both of my parents were previously married before they tied the knot and both of them had children during their previous marriages, thus I have 3 older half-sisters. My oldest sister, Michelle, is my dad's daughter from his previous marriage and Debbie and Karen are my older sisters from my mom's previous marriage. Then there's me and my little brother who was so very lucky enough to be the only boy and the youngest sibling at that! It's a wonder he's survived living outnumbered by all us women all of these years...not really, but you can only imagine. Anyways, back to the birthday party..there were quite a few people unable to make it due to other plans, but of course, the most important people were there, ha! Totally just kidding. ;) In any case, we had a lot of fun and Lindsay seemed to enjoy her party. She jokingly complained about it being smaller and not as elaborate as her aunt Karen's party the night before, which was actually pretty funny! Her birthday cake was really cute and of course, super-duper yummy and Hudson thoroughly enjoyed having cake and ice cream for the second day in a row! He also had a lot of fun playing with Lindsay and her boyfriend, Trent, whom Hudson seemed to take a real liking to! It was like they were best buds or something! I'm just glad that everyone had a great time and was pretty well-behaved considering our normal family get togethers.

Happy birthday, Lindsay and have fun on your trip to Mexico! I know you'll have an awesome time and I can't wait to see a ton of pics!
Bring me back a souvenir, wink wink!


Yummy chocolate cake from Lovin' Oven Bakery

Lindsay with her cake

My nephew, Matt

My cutie pie!

Hudson playing with some cars
Trent and Hudson playing


Hudson stealing kisses from Lindsay!


Cassidy "looks" like she is telling David to talk to the hand, but I'm not really sure what she was telling him, ha!
More fun with Lindsay, Trent and Hudson

Whoohoo!

The fam....


Lindsay and Trent

Great expressions, Lindsay!

David in deep thought
Cassidy wishing I wouldn't take her picture!

Pull yo' pants up boy!

Gift time...I mean, card time!

Lindsay and her friend, Emily

No comments: