Monday, August 4, 2008

Dinner for my hubby...

Last night I made dinner for David and I am not tooting my own horn or anything, but it was FANTASTIC!!! I had been wanting to try out the Penne a la Betsy from the Pioneer Woman Cooks blog for quite some time now and finally decided to make it last night for dinner and boy, am I glad I did!! This dish truly is completely divine and contrary to the way that it sounds on the site, it really was not too rich or anything. It was very easy to make and didn't take me more than say, 45 minutes from start to finish...if that. We also had some fresh french bread along with olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette for dipping which perfectly complemented the shrimp pasta dish. I would highly recommend this recipe and am definitely adding this to our rotation of recipes in our house. David LOVED it and it even cooked well as leftovers for today's lunch.

On a side note, just a little funny....since I rarely cook and David does pretty much all of the cooking he has made a rule and definitely had to remind me of it last night....more or less he basically says to me in different words of course, but this will give you the jist....

"If you find a recipe and cook it, then you own it. I will not be adding this to my repertoire of recipes, but rather you can add it to yours!" Ha! I can't blame him, anything he can do to get me to cook more then he is all over it!

Here is the yummy meal!