Monday, April 7, 2008

Death and Taxes.

You know the saying..."In this world, nothing is certain except death and taxes." Well, unfortunately with the tax deadline quickly approaching we had to finally bite the bullet and finish our taxes so that we could make the deadline in time. This is the first year in many that we will not be receiving a large refund, which sort of bums me out because I would love to have used it towards one of the many improvements we need to make to our house, but at the same time it is a good thing since it basically means that we didn't voluntarily loan the government our money for free all year long! In any case, we are getting a very mediocre return which I am now joking about "not spending it in one place" because it is so small. I am just glad that we didn't have to pay since we were going to until we entered all of the variables for Delovely which helped us make it back above the red line. I must admit that I am looking forward to getting our tax stimulus check though...it will definitely be going towards our new carpet purchase that we so desperately need to make! Here is a lovely chart that I found online that illustrates where your tax dollars go.... it is pretty interesting actually.
If you want to be able to see the online zoomable (don't think that's a real word!) version then click here.

1 comment:

April said...

ahhh! dont remind me! I STILL have to finish mine! That's what i'll be working on all day tomorrow :-(