Thursday, April 17, 2008

Happy Birthday, Hudson!!....almost ;)

Today was Hudson's 18 month birthday and I am so amazed that time has flown by so fast! It's absolutely incredible how it seems as if I was *just* being wheeled out of the hospital holding my new bundle of joy and getting acustomed to the new role of "mommy" and now all of a sudden, fast forward and I have a walking, *almost* talking, completely healthy 18 month old son. I just cannot believe that my little baby is already 18 months old....and that we survived and all in one piece! What a year and a half it has been!

I have to admit that is also completely astounding at how much you can love someone in such a short time and feel as if you would never, ever know what to do without them. Truly, I never imagined you could love someone as much as a mother loves her child...as much as I love my son....it is the most amazing and completely overwhelming feeling to love someone so, so much and to know that the love that you feel for them is also reciprocated even though it is not yet acknowldged in an overly traditional or obvious manner. Hudson does not say "I love you" *yet*, although it does *sound* likes he says it sometimes already, but instead, he does let you know how much he loves you with his hugs, kisses, smiles, laughs and cuddles that I would not trade for the world. I know that I will love our next child just as much as I love Hudson now and in fact, I absolutely cannot wait for Hudson to have a younger sibling and begin playing the "big brother" role in our family. I don't think it will be much of a stretch for him at all since even at his young age, he seems to display a lot of the attributes that older siblings have a tendency to have. I know that he will be an amazing older brother and will love having someone else around to get into trouble with, ha!

I am such a proud little mama and I am also so, so very thankful for everything that David has contributed and has sacrificed for our family in the past year. I have absolutely loved seeing him turn into such a wonderful, caring and encouraging father for our precious little boy.

October will be here before we know it and Hudson will be entering the "terrible twos" as they are called, but in my opinion, I don't think any time spent parenting a child could be considered terrible, but yet a truly wonderful blessing that has enriched our lives more than we could have ever asked or wished for.

Hudson on the day he was born.

Hudson now....

No comments: