Sunday, July 6, 2008

I'm at my wit's end....

Okay, seriously, I am at my wit's end and don't know what to do. It is now 11:08 pm and Hudson is STILL AWAKE!!! David is working tonight, so I have no backup and I don't know what to do to get him to go to sleep....his normal bedtime is around 8-8:30 pm and I have been *trying* to get him to go to sleep ever since then! He's been doing this crap the past few nights and tonight I just don't know what to do. I've yelled, I've given him spankings, I've tried being nice, I've cried and nothing is working...he has climbed out of his crib FIVE TIMES since I first started trying to get him to go to bed. I love this little boy more than anything in the world, but I just don't get why he is being SO defiant. In fact, here's a breakdown of the past few minutes....
  • He knocked all of the books off of the bookcase
  • Pulled all of the toys out that I put away and organized an hour ago (basically the whole upstairs living room is an absolute disaster area after I already cleaned it and his room and the office, etc, etc, etc)
  • Started playing basketball!
  • Then proceeded to try to play my guitar that is sitting on it's stand in our upstairs living room
  • As I type, he is pulling the pillows off of the couch around me and trying to climb on top of me...now he thinks that giving me sweet kisses is going to makes things better, ha!
  • He is now back to the toys and rubbing his eyes, yet I have a feeling I still won't be able to get him to go to bed anytime soon.

I guess I might just have to take him to bed with me because I truly need to go to bed myself soon since I am not getting any work done and have to be up at 6 am to start my day tomorrow. Argh!! Why can't he just behave and go to sleep???? It's night's like this that make me hold off on trying for our next baby right now...I truly do not know what I would do if I was having to try to deal with this crazy nonsense and a newborn! I know it will be fine and everything always blows over...in fact, I am sure it is probably just a phase, but REALLY it is wearing me out and draining absolutely everything out of me right now. I think I might need to put a call into SuperNanny, hahahahaha!!!!!

No comments: