Sunday, July 27, 2008

Long Weekend...

It's not quite over yet, but I definitely could use a bit longer of a weekend that's for sure! It seems like it is getting more and more difficult to get all of the things we want and need to do each weekend done these days as there is just been so much going on in general along with our normal errands, etc. and the fact that I have been feverishly working on design projects most nights and weekends in order to try to catch up with current orders. In all honesty, I feel like I truly need a vacation again, ha! In any case, we had another great weekend and now I am just trying to get ready for another long week. David is working tonight and the next two nights, so it might prove to be a bit challenging for me to get a lot accomplished in the evenings being home alone with the little man.

Yesterday, we had a full day starting with picking Marcia up so that we could go buy a couple of bridal shower gifts and run a few errands. We had initially planned on only being gone a couple of hours, but as I suspected would happen, we ended up not getting home until around 5 p.m. We went to Crate and Barrel to get gifts for Kasey and John's (Kasey is David's cousin that is getting married in September) shower that we actually went to today and then went to lunch at Mi Cocina which of course, was delicious as always. After lunch, we went to Target to do some shopping and ended up with a basket full of goodies and Hudson was spoiled a bit a usual. Marcia bought Hudson some new Hot Wheels and a Cars book which he seems to really enjoy and we got him a Cars themed backpack that he is going to use when he goes to stay the night or visit at Nana Marcia's house and when he goes to my mom's during the week. When we were done at Target we brought Marcia back to her house and dropped Hudson off as well as Marcia had agreed to have Hudson spend the night so that David and I could get a night off and go out to see a movie.

After we left Marcia's we went back to our house for a couple of hours and then headed out to the theater to see the Dark Knight. The movie was REALLY good, a bit long, but overall, I truly enjoyed it. Heath Ledger's performance was absolutely AMAZING and I was pleasantly relieved that the movie turned out to be pretty much worth all of the hype surrounding it. Heath's performance in itself made the movie, so even some of the stuff that was less than desirable I was able to overlook. I was a bit sad during parts of the movie knowing that this was Heath Ledger's last performance and told David after the movie that it was a wonderful and memorable performance, but that what made me most sad was that his last role was one that was so demented and was kind of eerie watching him onscreen, but I tried to get past that and just enjoy the amazing performance that he gave. All in all, I would highly recommend the movie for anyone who is a fan of the Batman movies or Heath Ledger.

We didn't get home from the movies until super late and then stayed up a while longer putting together a new racetrack / play table that we had ordered online for Hudson earlier this week. David picked it up right before we left for the movies and we wanted to have it all setup and put together for when we brought Hudson home today. So, to say the least, I didn't get to bed until 2 am and David was still watching TV when I went to sleep, but I was hell-a tired and couldn't wait for him to come to bed any longer.

We slept in this morning and then David went to pick up Hudson while I got ready for the day and started working on some of my orders. When Hudson got home we played for a while with his new racetrack table thing and he LOVED it!!! He was too cute playing with all of the cars on it and kept squealing at the top of his lungs acting all giddy and excited about his new toy! :) Marcia showed up a short time later and it was off to the bridal shower! We had a great time at the shower and there seemed to be a really great turn out. Kasey (the bride-to-be) looked beautiful, as always, and it was just a nice relaxing get together. We had to split from the party a little early as David had to work tonight and we had a long drive home from Richardson so we left around 4:15 and headed back to Desoto. Once we got back to the house, Marcia hung out for a few minutes and then went on home since David was needing to get ready to leave for work. We had an EARLY dinner and then David headed out to go to work for the evening around 6:15. Now, I have Hudson fed and everything ready for tomorrow to start the work week, so as soon as I am able to get him to go to bed in the next hour or so then I am just going to catch up on emails and work on orders again for the rest of the evening. Whew! I just want to know when everything will slow down again??? I know we likely won't see any relief for a while now as we have something planned almost every weekend over the next couple of months!!! Yikes! I so cannot wait for the next time I can take a REAL vacation...although, I might be old and decrepit by then, ha!

Here are a few pics of Hudson with his new racetrack table.

No comments: