Monday, March 31, 2008

One of my favorite "sweet treats."

I recently rediscovered one of my all-time favorite "sweet treats" when shopping for Easter candy for Hudson at Target a couple of weeks ago. After wrestling through all of the swarms of women all vying for the same frilly Easter baskets, chocolate bunnies, Cadbury Creme Eggs and all of the other delicious treats that Easter has to offer, I wandered over to the "normal" candy aisle while I waited for David to come back from the toy section. (He had decided that he MUST go get Hudson some more monster trucks for his Easter basket, the child does not "want for much", but I wouldn't say that we spoil him either, ha!) While perusing the candy aisle, waiting rather patiently I might add, I saw that they had a ton of the boxed candy items on sale. Well, I decided to take a peek at all of the options available and there they were.....my long lost candy love....Sno Caps!!! I had totally forgotten about this delightful treat that I used to savor so long ago...I know that they seem pretty basic and all, no frills ya know, but they are so absolutely delicious! Basically semi-sweet chocolate chips covered in crunchy, sweet white non-pareils, but although they are a classic and very simplistic type of treat, they are just so, so very tasty! To say the least, I bought a box (or two) and have been allowing myself a few as a special treat every couple of days. I am sure that I will have to buy some more soon though because not only are they delicious, they are also quite addictive, so watch out! David even told me I needed to take them to my office and put them in my desk so he wouldn't be tempted to eat them and that's saying a lot from David because he is by NO means a big chocolate fan. In any case, I love them and am glad that we found our way back to one another, ;P

No comments: